This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to Stop WiFi Touch Control Used as connectivity light?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-jasond
Registered Member
I am new to Linux and am trying distros.

KDE neon 5.23
KDE Plasma Version 5.23.5
Kernel Version: 5.11.0-46-generic (64 - bit)

I installed on a old HP Pavilion dv7-2185DX Laptop

6 GB Ram
512 GB Storage
Intel Core2 Quad Q9000
Graphics: AMD RV730

Problem I have is super annoying, the Pavilion has a top row of touch light controls, the WiFi control button light that enables or disables WiFi is being used by Linux as the network connectivity indicator. Same as a light on a ethernet port that shows how much usage is currently going on at that port. It blinks faster and slower depending on network/internet usage. Downloading updates the blinking is insanely fast then slows and speeds up.

There is no limited connection. Touching the button activates or deactivates the WiFi normally, when successfully connected to my wireless router and internet this light blinks at a variable rate described above.

How do I get this light to not be used as the blinking internet / network port indicator light and just be normal
1: OFF - solid orange
2: On - solid blue
If possible 3:
3: limited connection - blink orange

At first I thought the blinking orange light was a limited internet connection and in a couple instances there was, I managed to resolve that and now this light just blinks variable rate showing me that it is connected and working normally.. Super Annoying.

I am very new to linux and don't know how to do much yet, is this something in a setting I can change, add, remove? I have been looking but all I see is notification settings that has to do with showing popups or not. I understand from Youtube videos that this operating system is very flexible and you can control about everything, what do I need to know to fix this issue?

Thank you for any help or pointing in a direction to help me figure it out.