This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Stop upgrade to 22.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
danno
Registered Member

Stop upgrade to 22.04

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:57 am
HI Guys, I am fairly new with KDE Neon (and linux for that matter) but it suits what I need it to do and works really well for me.

I have some software I need to use - FME - that can only be install and used on 20.04. It works perfectly now - one of the main reasons I selected KDE Neon in the first place. FME are planning to release a version for 22.x next year.

Given this, I need to stop the upgrade to 22.04 occurring for now but I still want to ensure I receive the updates to 20.04 and other software on my system until then.

How can I ensure I don't "accidentally" upgrade the system to 22.04 when running pkcon refresh /pkcon update.

Thx in advance.

Danno
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Stop upgrade to 22.04

Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:50 pm
Don't click the popup? ;D

Actually, you will want to edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades to disable upgrade prompts.

At some point in the fairly near future, Neon will stop updating the 20.04 base. It will of course continue to function and receive normal Ubuntu LTS updates, but you won't see any Plasma updates at all at some point.

I can't recall when they stopped updating the 18.04 packaging after moving to the 20.04 base but I believe it was well before the end of that year, and was the same when migrating from 16.04-18.04.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
danno
Registered Member

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:20 am
Thanks mate - file edited as suggested.

Do you know if running pkcon update will force the upgrade through regardless of the 'Popup' upgrade method being disabled?

Hopefully FME get things sorted quickly.
acrux
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:15 am
danno wrote:Thanks mate - file edited as suggested.

Do you know if running pkcon update will force the upgrade through regardless of the 'Popup' upgrade method being disabled?

Hopefully FME get things sorted quickly.

No, pkcon is using your configured repositories.
danno
Registered Member

Re: Stop upgrade to 22.04  Topic is solved

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:53 am
Cheers. thx for the info.