This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable the ugly ibus panel icon in the taskbar.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-bladeforce
Registered Member
Hello,

After upgrading to 22.04 i have now got an ugly ibus-panel icon in bright blue on my taskbar. I would like it to disappear completely!! I have tried setting it hidden in the taskbar settings but this just adds an ^ icon in my taskbar to which it resides.
I have also tried to disable the actual ibus-daemon binary in usr/bin but this just makes my keyboard unusable even though the icon disappears!
The decision to add this icon when you have a visual flow across your desktop and icons is pretty bad
boospy007
Registered Member
OS
Can you give us a screenshot please. Because i had a similar problem, on all my neon's. But it was easy to disable the icon by edit this under System section of the control bar.

kde-bladeforce
Registered Member
Sorry for the late reply. I have attached a screenshot. This has only started happening since the 22.04 upgrade last year

boospy007
Registered Member
OS
Yes i know. Following my screenshot and disable the icon.

https://darkdevil.osit.cc/nextcloud/app ... 584&a=true
kde-bladeforce
Registered Member
boospy007 wrote:Yes i know. Following my screenshot and disable the icon.

https://darkdevil.osit.cc/nextcloud/app ... 584&a=true

I'm sorry but the link doesnt load
boospy007
Registered Member
OS
Now it should work.
kde-bladeforce
Registered Member
I know about this but this just replaces the ibus icon with an ^ to the right. I want to get rid of the icon
boospy007
Registered Member
OS
Strange.... It's completely gone for me. Also with other devices. I had the problem with all updated NEONs.