This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Latest kde neon ISO

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
carlitosh
Registered Member
OS

Latest kde neon ISO

Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:40 pm
Hello.

I'm trying yo install kde neon with the latest iso and i have a lot of problems like freezing (random) on any apps or meanwhile installing, calamares installer crash or freeze. After 6 intents, the last one could install but when i restart, i select kde neon on grub menu and freezes, forced restart select advanced and freezing too (works well if i select Windows).

I'm not a gamer so, my PC is not the latest, core 2 duo 4 cores, 16gb ram, Nvidia GT 710, 3 SSD, 2 HDD.

Ps. Debian 11 and based distros install fine but have problem with nvidia drivers between 380 and 470.
carlitosh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Latest kde neon ISO

Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:27 am
I downloaded 3 times the same iso ln micro SD and 2 usb sticks with rosawriter, fedora writer even rufus. Still crashes calamares, stil freezing. When finally install after many attempts, it wont boot selecting kde neon or advanced (grub menu)

Kde neon is **** up? The only distro that won't install "normally"
ShadYoung
Registered Member

Re: Latest kde neon ISO

Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:30 pm
carlitosh wrote:I downloaded 3 times the same iso ln micro SD and 2 usb sticks with rosawriter, fedora writer even rufus. Still crashes calamares, stil freezing. When finally install after many attempts, it wont boot selecting kde neon or advanced (grub menu)

Kde neon is **** up? The only distro that won't install "normally"

Did you run a checksum and verify the download? It sounds to me like you are getting a corrupted ISO. Try again, only this time use Ventoy as your bootdrive software.

Ventoy will create a bootable USB with a large partition that you then simply drag the complete ISO to, and can put as many as you like on at the same time. At boot it scans the partition, and gives you a list of the ISOs there to boot. There is less chance that the ISO will be messed up by the boot disk Creator.

Rufus and the others are nice, but they do fail with some ISOs. Ventoy has not failed me yet. It is hands down the most reliable boot disk creator.

https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html