This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Still no update to 5.27

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jmacleod
Registered Member

Still no update to 5.27

Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:45 am
Neither apt nor Discover give any indication of an update to 5.27 being available.

I have downloaded 5.27 to usb but I would prefer a simple update rather than re-installation.

Thanks for any advice.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Still no update to 5.27

Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:30 pm
You might have some sort of problem with your system, as 5.27 has been in neon since it the 14th.

You have upgraded to , or are already on, Jammy (22.04), I assume? There won't be any updates to the old 20.04 base.

Another thing to look for:
Check the files in /etc/apt/preferences.d/:
Code: Select all
$ ls /etc/apt/preferences.d/
50-neon-ubuntu-release-upgrader 
99-neon-base-files 
org-kde-neon-net-launchpad-ppa-mozillateam-pin
99-jammy-overrides

You should have only one file called 'jammy-overrides'. if you have both a 98- and a 99-, you will want to delete the '98' one, update, and try again.
The old and new apt preferences files, if both are present, would cause conflicts and prevent some updates/upgrades from showing.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
jmacleod
Registered Member

Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:48 pm
Thanks Claydoh

One file is different ie. 99-focal-overrides which is presumably the one causing the problem.
The extra one is 99-neon-qca.

I normally have always used apt, however for some reason some while ago I, just once, used pkcon. This hung part way through an update but returned to the konsole. So I ran apt which was succesfull and the system has been without problem until now.

Thanks
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:53 pm
jmacleod wrote:Thanks Claydoh

One file is different ie. 99-focal-overrides which is presumably the one causing the problem.
The extra one is 99-neon-qca.

I normally have always used apt, however for some reason some while ago I, just once, used pkcon. This hung part way through an update but returned to the konsole. So I ran apt which was succesfull and the system has been without problem until now.

Thanks

Using pkcon vs apt won't be an issue at all, since pkcon (packagekit) is using apt on Debian/Ubuntu systems.

But you definitely have upgraded from Focal (20.04) to Jammy (22.04), correct?
You should have 99-jammy-overrides specifically, NOT any that say focal at all. The 99-neon-qca one does not exist in the current 22.04 release, either, so I am thinking you have not upgraded. You won't get Plasma 5.27, or even any 5.26 point releases iirc, The old 20.04 base is no longer receiving updates from neon, and for some time now, though of course you would still be seeing normal Ubuntu ones.

If you are not seeing the upgrade prompt notification, I believe you can start the process from the command line via the neon-preview-upgrade command.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001