This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDEConnect broken

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
grooveman
Registered Member

KDEConnect broken

Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:40 pm
Hi. I had hoped that this was a transitory bug... so I gave it a few months before reporting... It has been going on at least 4 months now.

I have my phone set up with filesystem expose on... but I can never browse it. I go to my kde connect, hit the menu button go to "Browse this device" and instantly kde starts throwing multiple errors.
Code: Select all
Error when accessing filesystem. sshfs finished with exit code 1

It does this probably 5 times, and just dies.

Dolphin does come up, however, shows the folders that I have exposed, but they have orange locks on them, and I cannot get in them. Trying to just throws more of the same error.

About the same time, I also noticed that when people send me pictures in a text (using KDE Connect SMS), I can no longer click them and look at a larger version. Which makes KDE SMS a whole lot less useful. I don't know if the two are related, but the problems started at the same time.

This happens on at least 4 different KDE neon systems I have this phone paired with. The symptoms are the same. Same problem occurs with my wife's phone too.

I've keep my system (and my phone) up to date, and they are current as of a few moments ago. i have de-paired the devices, wiped my settings uninstalled KDE connect on my computer and my cell phone -- but the same thing happens.

Thanks.
daret
Registered Member

Re: KDEConnect broken

Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:59 am
I got the same issue.

Looks like this bug: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=269967

We need update to sshfs 3.7.2-2.