This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Plasma Nebula 5K Wallpaper

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chenson
Registered Member
OS

KDE Plasma Nebula 5K Wallpaper

Sun May 05, 2019 10:59 am
shaker dies
I made this wallpaper in regards to the contest.
Hosted at openDesktop along with source files

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1303932/

Last edited by chenson on Wed May 08, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ngraham
Registered Member
OS

Re: KDE Plasma Nebula 5K Wallpaper

Wed May 08, 2019 12:45 am
Hello! We've edited the contest rules to clarify that wallpapers should not contain any logos or text, including the Plasma name and logo that you've used here. Could you edit your entry accordingly? Thanks!
chenson
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 08, 2019 9:22 am
ngraham wrote:Hello! We've edited the contest rules to clarify that wallpapers should not contain any logos or text, including the Plasma name and logo that you've used here. Could you edit your entry accordingly? Thanks!

The rules say nothing of the sort, could you please show me where the rules say that? Then I will submit a new entry.
kevintee
Registered Member

Wed May 08, 2019 11:26 am
chenson wrote:
ngraham wrote:Hello! We've edited the contest rules to clarify that wallpapers should not contain any logos or text, including the Plasma name and logo that you've used here. Could you edit your entry accordingly? Thanks!

The rules say nothing of the sort, could you please show me where the rules say that? Then I will submit a new entry.

They update it here but not the other one yet.
https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_De ... ompetition

I was sad by this as well, as I'm rendering 4K wallpaper with KDE logo sad times.
chenson
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 08, 2019 2:59 pm
Thank you for the link, I made my correction to add the version with no logo's..
ngraham
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 08, 2019 3:32 pm
We've tweaked the rules a bit to clarify that if a logo is used, it must be integrated into the design of the wallpaper itself and not just added on top as some text.
kevintee
Registered Member

Wed May 08, 2019 9:25 pm
ngraham wrote:We've tweaked the rules a bit to clarify that if a logo is used, it must be integrated into the design of the wallpaper itself and not just added on top as some text.

OMG, THANKS for clarifying, this change everything!
flipwise
Registered Member
OS

Sat May 25, 2019 9:52 pm
Hi, thanks for the submission and the edit. My only advice would be to make sure that the stock photos you used (if you did use any) have licences that allow it.