This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Remember a Day

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ivan
KDE Developer
OS

Remember a Day

Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 pm
Remembering Plasma. I'm not a fan of wallpapers as colourful as this, but it draws its vibrance from the previous wallpapers (namely 5.8 - Bismuth).

(edit:) Full resolution available at:
https://cloud.cukic.co/index.php/s/ETp7rX55YXFiMqr

ngraham
Registered Member
OS

Re: Remember a Day

Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm
Thanks Ivan! Quite lovely. Imgur automatically converts large images to JPEG though; can you post the full PNG version somewhere? Thanks!
KAMiKAZOW
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm
I like it a lot. I do, however, miss some sort of texture -- kinda what the triangles provided before. Maybe dots or a fabric pattern.

I've also felt somewhat reminded by the circle of the KDE logo. Was this on purpose or is my brain just making connections where there are none? If it's not too much to ask, could you try to make a version with a cog? I feel it would invoke the KDE logo without being the KDE logo.
ivan
KDE Developer
OS

Fri May 17, 2019 6:56 am
The purpose of the green circle is kinda meant for distribution logos. KDE or Plasma logo could be a nice fit as well.

As for the /texture/, I wanted to deviate from kver's style, so I decided not to put any. Plus, the idea was that while kver's wallpapers were close-ups of a strange polygonal world, this is a bird's eye view of that world, far above the world, so that the polygonal imperfections are not visible.

ngraham
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm
I really love the composition for this and how it evokes the older wallpapers. However I feel like the color choice is a bit discordant and they don't work together with one another as well as they could (which I also felt with Bizmuth, whose color palette this re-uses). I wonder how it would look using the color palette from Canopeé or Cascade instead.

Last edited by ngraham on Mon May 20, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starbuck
Registered Member
OS

Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 pm
Looks amazing even with these colors, and really captures the spirit and quality of the previous series.
ivan
KDE Developer
OS

Thu May 23, 2019 10:53 am
starbuck wrote:Looks amazing even with these colors, and really captures the spirit and quality of the previous series.

Thanks man!

GB_2
Registered Member

Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 pm
Could you maybe make another circle in the middle of the green one or maybe make it a different color? It currently stands out so much and is quite bright. Other than that it looks good.
flipwise
Registered Member
OS

Sat May 25, 2019 11:12 pm
GB_2 wrote:Could you maybe make another circle in the middle of the green one or maybe make it a different color? It currently stands out so much and is quite bright. Other than that it looks good.

Co-sign. Lovely otherwise yeah!
GB_2
Registered Member

Wed May 29, 2019 6:27 pm
Can you still do it before the deadline? Time is running out!
ivan
KDE Developer
OS

Wed May 29, 2019 6:52 pm
GB_2 wrote:Can you still do it before the deadline? Time is running out!

I don't plan to change the wallpaper.

I don't usually like tweaking artwork once it is made - it feels wrong.

WRT the green circle: I've been using it as my default activity wallpaper since I made it, and it is quite pleasant even with the bright green circle.