This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hot Contact (Entry for the competition)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fperez
Registered Member
My submission for the competition is called "Hot Contact" and it's inspired by ocean volcanoes, especially the ones that emerge to the surface, like those in Hawaii.
[Edit] I updated the design of my wallpaper following some suggestions (thank you ^-^ ).
Here is a preview for the new desktop version:
Hot Contact

And a preview for the new Cell phone version, which comes in two "flavours", Lava Rage and Ocean Calm
Lava Rage:
Ocean Calm:

The link to the gallery where you can find the full sized versions of Hot Contact Desktop 4k/5k, Lava Rage and Ocean Calm:
Gallery
And link to the older version just in case:
Older

Source file

I hope you like them, and any suggestion is welcome... I want to get better.

They were made with inkscape and GIMP.

"Hot Contact" by Franco Pérez, in all its versions, is released to KDE under the CC-BY-SA-4.0 license.

Last edited by fperez on Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ngraham
Registered Member
OS
I love the color palette and the concept. However I feel like the composition is a bit unbalanced as the red is a stronger, heavier color than blue. Also it's a bit too simple, and doesn't really communicate the whole "ocean volcano" idea without having this explained. Maybe have some red areas popping out of a blue sea?
fperez
Registered Member
Thank you very much for your suggestions and commentaries, they mean a lot to me!
What about something like this?
ngraham
Registered Member
OS
Yeah, more like that! One thing to keep in mind when making wallpapers is that it's often good to keep it simple on the top and left edges, since these are the places most likely to have files and folders on top of them.
fperez
Registered Member
Would a reflected version of the same image be a good option in that case? I have one and I liked it a little more but didn't know why...
A question... in case I have a new deffinitive version of my wallpaper... do I have to edit and update the links and images in the original post?
Thanks!
ngraham
Registered Member
OS
Yeah just edit the original post.
fperez
Registered Member
I updated my wallpaper in the post :) thankyou
katia
Registered Member
i think the color still can be echanced somehow
full res >>>

but each image has its own golden ratio and its up for you to decide (^-^)
fperez
Registered Member
Thanks! Ill take it into account :)