This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

2 ringtones, 2 alarms

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
norhyzones
Registered Member

2 ringtones, 2 alarms

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:00 am
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

all sounds are 15-25 sec since i think 10 seconds only is too short, please tell me if there are any problems with it.
also most sounds are made with LMMS built in samples and synth (exception being drum loops and Vital vst in "Machine") :)

This work © 2021 by Neyrax is licensed under CC BY 4.0
Guilhermems
Registered Member

Re: 2 ringtones, 2 alarms

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:23 am
Hello Neyrax. Thank you for submitting sounds to this contest. We really appreciate it!

There are some details that need to be adjusted first regarding the plugins and some of the samples you have used.

As per the latest version of the rules, proprietary or paid plugins without Linux versions can be used, but in this case you'll need to provide the stems of the plugin in the project folder you uploaded to Google Drive. The stems can be encoded using the same .wav format you used for the songs.

Also, unfortunately there are some samples in your sounds that are not copyright free/in the public domain. Those are, as you said, the drum loops and also Crackle_01_SP.wav you used in "Crunch". To comply with the contest rules, we ask you if you could either replace or remove them from the sounds and project files.

Also, which sounds are alarms and which ones are ringtones? :P

Thank you. ;)
norhyzones
Registered Member

Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 pm
Guilhermems wrote:Hello Neyrax. Thank you for submitting sounds to this contest. We really appreciate it!

There are some details that need to be adjusted first regarding the plugins and some of the samples you have used.

As per the latest version of the rules, proprietary or paid plugins without Linux versions can be used, but in this case you'll need to provide the stems of the plugin in the project folder you uploaded to Google Drive. The stems can be encoded using the same .wav format you used for the songs.

Also, unfortunately there are some samples in your sounds that are not copyright free/in the public domain. Those are, as you said, the drum loops and also Crackle_01_SP.wav you used in "Crunch". To comply with the contest rules, we ask you if you could either replace or remove them from the sounds and project files.

Also, which sounds are alarms and which ones are ringtones? :P

Thank you. ;)

thank you for replying, i have replaced (hopefully) all of the plugins and 3rd party samples. i also have sorted out the ringtones and alarms. o) i'm still using the same link for submission.
ironsquid
Registered Member

Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:49 pm
norhyzones wrote:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XYXIFJviF8O53_DzOcGwOQ2wHTcLHzYL?usp=sharing

all sounds are 15-25 sec since i think 10 seconds only is too short, please tell me if there are any problems with it.
also most sounds are made with LMMS built in samples and synth (exception being drum loops and Vital vst in "Machine") :)

This work © 2021 by Neyrax is licensed under CC BY 4.0

Thanks for submitting audio, I'll give a bit of feedback on your submissions according to general practicality.

Nightlights (ringtone)- I quite like how it feels like a perpetual buildup, and the energetic structure calls attention very well.

Morning Rush (ringtone)- Same comments as Nightlights, minus the perpetual buildup. Some of the chords on the piano could feel jarring to some, but I personally like it a lot.

Machine (alarm)- Very groovy and fitting for an alarm. I'm also gonna say that my brother walked in as I was reviewing this one and busted out an Orange Justice https://youtu.be/g1pCPN-RDeA dance :D

Crunch (alarm)- Same comments as Machine (minus the fortnite dance).

I personally love all of these clips, they're very memorable.
Guilhermems
Registered Member

Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:36 pm
norhyzones wrote:thank you for replying, i have replaced (hopefully) all of the plugins and 3rd party samples. i also have sorted out the ringtones and alarms. o) i'm still using the same link for submission.

Hi again! We analysed the samples and we noticed you used some included LMMS samples that are not in the public domain. I made a list of the samples here:

Code: Select all
Crunch:
lmms/data/samples/drums/kick_hiphop01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/snare_muffled01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/wood01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/hihat_closed02.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/hihat_closed01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/hihat_opened01.ogg

Machine:

lmms/data/samples/drums/clap01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/shaker02.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/shaker03.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/sidestick01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/snare01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/tom03.ogg

Morning Rush:

lmms/data/samples/drums/kick_hiphop01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/snare04.ogg
lmms/data/samples/instruments/piano01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/ride01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/shaker02.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/shaker03.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/hihat_closed02.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/hihat_opened01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/crash01.ogg

Nightlights:

lmms/data/samples/drums/bassdrum02.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/clap02.ogg
lmms/data/samples/beats/house_loop01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/drums/ride01.ogg
lmms/data/samples/instruments/piano01.ogg

Unfortunately, as described in the rules, a lot of samples included in LMMS are not in the public domain. That includes most .ogg samples. For that reason, we have no other alternative than to ask you to replace those instruments with either synth instruments or public domain samples. You also have the option to use CC-BY licensed samples, but if you do you'll have to give us a link to the page where you downloaded each sample.

But don't worry too much about it. If for some reason you don't have time or can't find a suitable replacement for a sample, we will try to replace the sound after the end of the contest. That means the final ringtone/alarm included in Plasma Mobile might not sound exactly like it does now.

You can use https://freesound.org to find the samples you need. You can hover the mouse over the license icon and it will tell you what license the sample uses:

You can also use the LMMS website: https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=browse&cate ... &sort=date
The samples there show the licensing they use.

Have a nice day!
norhyzones
Registered Member

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:34 am
man editing these projects feels like dodging bombs :D . i have edited out all the samples and replaced them with appropriate ones. "Crunch" is a special case with synthesized drums so i included the drum stems along with it. the "Old version" is there for personal reasons but i can delete it.
Guilhermems
Registered Member

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:27 pm
norhyzones wrote:man editing these projects feels like dodging bombs :D . i have edited out all the samples and replaced them with appropriate ones. "Crunch" is a special case with synthesized drums so i included the drum stems along with it. the "Old version" is there for personal reasons but i can delete it.

Thank you!

I checked the projects and everything seems to be alright! Good luck! ;D
Guilhermems
Registered Member

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:47 pm
If you want to change or update anything about your sounds, you have until June 20th.

Good luck!