This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Gentle Wake - Plasma Mobile Contest entry

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-qnebra
Registered Member
I created five small melodies for Plasma Mobile competition.

Main idea behind it was simple, to create few really gentle and peaceful alarms as I didn't like to being shocked in morning by horrific alarm ringtone. Those sounds can be used also as ringtones, but I will be quite surprised if anyone decided to use them in that function.

I used only Analog Lab 4 and Spitfire Audio LABS to create those melodies. I use basically only VST's with LMMS, really rarely internal samples or samples at all.

Playlist with preview of longer, 20 seconds versions:

https://soundcloud.com/tesoma/sets/gentle-wake-previews

Shared folder content:
- long versions (20 seconds) in location "Alarms - long versions"
- short versions (10 seconds) in location "Alarms - short versions"
- stems for long versions (20 seconds) in "stems - for longer versions"
- stems for short versions (10 seconds) in "stems - for short versions"
- projects for both long and short versions, mainly because some melodies had quite big differences in arrangement to made them 10 second long. Also for aesthetic purpouses. Both projects are made in LMMS 1.3 alpha.2 version if anybody will be willing to open.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhSGQaj1kgs8gaFux6Ko0NZFoTGg1w?e=afPGis

Hopefully loops aren't messed up in export.
kde-qnebra
Registered Member
I decided to tweak every piece, mainly by some improvements to automations and replace LABS with BBS SO. Link to Onedrive will be exactly the same.

**edit**

Links are / should be exactly the same.
Changes:

- LABS replaced with BBS SO for more natural sound
- Single project for both short and long versions
- Hopefully it will be looping somewhat better
- One unified stems for entire project. Every melody use exactly the same instruments and shorts are basically fragments of longer versions. Each melody also is separated.
- Original files are in location called "Original Files"
- Tweaked files are in location "Updated Files"
Guilhermems
Registered Member
Hello! We're glad you've participating!

I checked the project files and everything seems to be good. If you want to change or update anything about your sounds, you have until June 20th.

Good luck!
Bro
Registered Member
I like this idea so much. Calm, peaceful alarms for Plasma Mobile would b great to have!
kde-qnebra
Registered Member
Bro wrote:I like this idea so much. Calm, peaceful alarms for Plasma Mobile would b great to have!

Thanks, I tried my best to achieve something melodic and loopable being 10 seconds (20 in long versions) which is quite hard, be honest. About tweaking it, propably I will to some really minor changes.
Guilhermems
Registered Member
kde-qnebra wrote:
Bro wrote:I like this idea so much. Calm, peaceful alarms for Plasma Mobile would b great to have!

Thanks, I tried my best to achieve something melodic and loopable being 10 seconds (20 in long versions) which is quite hard, be honest. About tweaking it, propably I will to some really minor changes.

Hi kde-qnebra. I'm sorry I didn't notice this earlier, but can you tell me what licence you're using for your sounds? (CC-BY(SA) or CC0)? I can't find it anywhere.

Also check your forum private messages, I sent you some more questions. Thank you.
kde-qnebra
Registered Member
I uploaded previews on Soundcloud with CC by SA, so tracks are under this licence. I didn't knew exact details about CC and possible issues with commercial use, but if it become issue I can change it to CC0.