This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Submission: Heart (Updated)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
scidsgn
Registered Member

Submission: Heart (Updated)

Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Last edited by scidsgn on Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niccolove
Registered Member
OS

Re: Submission: Heart

Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:20 am
Really pretty. I'm wondering, could you upload a version without the triangle/circle drawings on top, only showing the 3D object? I'm really curious on how that would look like.
scidsgn
Registered Member

Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:56 pm
niccolove wrote:Really pretty. I'm wondering, could you upload a version without the triangle/circle drawings on top, only showing the 3D object? I'm really curious on how that would look like.

Here you go!
https://postimg.cc/dhhBtR2v
niccolove
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:28 pm
I really like it!

I think this is good enough to be a very competitive submissions. I have a couple of suggestions, but they are small things, so you can feel free to ignore them if you don't deem them worthy ;)

- Maybe try playing a bit with colors? This white version is really pretty, but at the same time I'm wondering if some nice colored lights play could make it even prettier. And, maybe, a dark variant?

- Maybe try playing a bit with transparency and blur? These materials seem completely opaque to me, and I've seen that sometimes playing a bit with a frosted glass effect in these kind of compositions can provide great results.

- Maybe try to make the composition slightly more clear? There are some parts, especially the light white on light white ones (e.g. on the top) where it's a bit difficult to distinguish objects.

Regardless, great job from me!
scidsgn
Registered Member

Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:42 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely mess around with it and see where it can go.

In the meantime, here's a quick and dirty dark mode version as a test.
LorenDB
Registered Member
OS

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:46 am
This is looking good! I'd definitely encourage messing around with the colors and producing several different themes. Also, I like it better without the triangles and lines and such than I like it with them.
aronkvh
Registered Member

Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:37 pm
the 2nd white is really nice :)
congrats
scidsgn
Registered Member

Re: Submission: Heart (Updated)

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:14 pm
I wasn't feeling the composition, and had some issues with contrast, so I went back and revamped this one.
Plus, there's now a smoke-like dark version.