This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kde 4.1.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jim
Registered Member

Kde 4.1.2

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:06 am
Hi,

I have looked at mac.kde.org, but I'm afraid that the instructions have defeated me. I have downloaded the 4.1.2 packages and have a fairly basic set of applications (and Amarok!). I know that this sounds dumb, but do I now need to download the earlier packages of kdepim etc.? I have tried, but I'm not getting anything from the torrents.

Thanks for any pointers,

Jim
dangle_wtf

RE: Kde 4.1.2

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:37 am
It all depends what you're trying to achieve. For example, you won't have a kde desktop - you'll still be running OS X, but will have KDE apps available to use. As far as I know, there's no way around that unless you install a full-blown linux distro in something like boot camp.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
illogical
OS

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 am
Jim wrote:Hi,

I have looked at mac.kde.org, but I'm afraid that the instructions have defeated me. I have downloaded the 4.1.2 packages and have a fairly basic set of applications (and Amarok!). I know that this sounds dumb, but do I now need to download the earlier packages of kdepim etc.? I have tried, but I'm not getting anything from the torrents.

Thanks for any pointers,

Jim

Jim, as it turns out kdepim is one of the modules that doesn't compile on OS X. Feel free to file a bug report at bugs.kde.org. Maybe it will get this fixed. And no, you don't need to download an earlier kdepim package.

illogical, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Sep.
Jim
Registered Member

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:37 pm
illogical wrote:Jim, as it turns out kdepim is one of the modules that doesn't compile on OS X. Feel free to file a bug report at bugs.kde.org. Maybe it will get this fixed. And no, you don't need to download an earlier kdepim package.

Ah, that would explain it. Maybe there should be a note on the download page to that effect?

Thanks for the help!

Jim