This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

oxygen widget style

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
RJVB
Registered Member
OS

Re: oxygen widget style

Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:56 pm
Yay, I finally got standalone Qt4 to acknowledge the presence of KDE's Oxygen style. I had to symlink

ln -s /opt/local/lib/kde4/plugins/styles /opt/local/share/qt4/plugins/

And then you get this (cropped to comply with forum requirements) ...

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:23 am
Hmm, that is unfortunate. Are any messages printed to the terminal which might indicate why it appearing so visually distorted?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
RJVB
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 am
No, nothing. Whatever happened is because of a design issue that doesn't lead to execution errors.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:01 am
Damn. I'm guessing that all debug areas are enabled in kdebugdialog?

KDE Sysadmin
RJVB
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 am
Ok, I'm flabbergasted.

KDE's oxygen-demo app worked perfectly all of a sudden, as seem to do the other ones I tried - using the oxygen style of course. Something I did yesterday (or over the course of the last week trying to get Qt to propose the style) solved the rendering issue under KDE. Unless it was the recent update pushed to the kde4libs, or the fact I'm now starting kded4 manually. Good news in itself, but the annoying fact is that now I cannot get back the rendering issue to come back. Who knows after a reboot ...

Qt continues to misrender the Oxygen style, but frankly that suits me. AFAIK Oxygen is a KDE style, and I'd actually prefer to let unrelated Qt apps blend in better with OS X.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 am
One possibility is that certain applications shipped with Qt itself are hardcoded to a certain extent to use certain styles depending on the platform - and the ugly appearance is caused by the two styles conflicting.

Please post back here if the issue resurfaces in normal Qt applications (those not shipped as part of Qt itself) or KDE applications.

KDE Sysadmin