This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't download from FTP server

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
udo
Registered Member

Can't download from FTP server

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:45 pm
I'm trying to download the latest KDE for MAC dmg files, but I keep getting redirected to bolugftp.uni-bonn.de, a mirror which doesn't have the files at all. Can anyone point me to a working download site?

Sorry for posting this trivial stuff here, but I couldn't get any help on the IRC channel...
udo
Registered Member

RE: Can't download from FTP server

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:47 am
No, it's not just the German FTP server. The Mac build is completely gone (or I'm too stupid to find it in the path).

Is anyone besides me even using KDE on the Mac? ;-)
Anyone? Bueller..?!?

Last edited by udo on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mannequinZOD
Registered Member

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:44 pm
the precompiled packages on the website are quite bad anyway, try macports instead. It will take a while until everything is compiled, but it's automatic (so you don't actually need to know how to compile software). You find the instructions here:

http://mac.kde.org/?id=build

udo wrote:No, it's not just the German FTP server. The Mac build is completely gone (or I'm too stupid to find it in the path).

Is anyone besides me even using KDE on the Mac? ;-)
Anyone? Bueller..?!?
udo
Registered Member

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 pm
Yes, thanks, that's what I ended up doing. However, I feel that having to compile stuff on your own is not a very friendly distribution mechanism AND at the very least the package download should not be on the site at all if people are not supposed to use it.

Anyway, I tried downloading the packages a few days ago, and the links seems to have been fixed, silently.
RangerRick
Registered Member

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 pm
We do want to make real packages again someday, but the long-term maintainable way of doing it is to implement packaging using CPack, and that's going to take some time.
eakinasila
Registered Member
OS

Re: Can't download from FTP server

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:49 am
Is there an easy way to download a daily file from an FTP site automatically? Looking for an automated way to download a daily file from an FTP site (which requires a login ID/password) to my local network. Would like to be able to schedule when this occurs.