This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
LastGuyonEarth
Registered Member

Amarok

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:24 pm
So, I was getting tired of using Ubuntu Intrepid's Beta software, so I fired up Leopard today.

Needless to say, I installed Amarok for Mac, and I'm OVERJOYED at the quality of the port. Everything works wonderfully, with a few small concerns:

-Sometimes, the navigation bar (or whatever it is called, the thing to seek through the track by dragging) becomes invisible. I'm not really sure why that is, but I definitely think that's a bug.

-Slightly unresponsive. For example, trying to make the various artists flip open all the way down to their individual albums and songs sometimes gives a slight delay, usually about a second or two.

-Plasma works well, however it's a little laggy on scrolling.

Nevertheless, I have to say that it's a great piece of work! I've already removed iTunes for it!

"As the Days change like weather, all of you must know:
Everything gets better. Everything regrows."

-Forest, from "Under an Iron Tree" by Sean Tilley
dotbg
Registered Member
OS

RE: Amarok

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 pm
Which build did you use. I've found one in september and it crashed all the time ( I really lack amarok's functionality in iTunes.
illogical
OS

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:35 pm
dotbg wrote:Which build did you use. I've found one in september and it crashed all the time ( I really lack amarok's functionality in iTunes.

mac packages @ http://mac.kde.org/?id=download are from Octember. ;)

illogical, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Sep.
Tomaz
Registered Member

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 pm
why don't the kde-mac team put this packages on mac.kde.org?

Rocs developer. (and no, i'm not proud of it) ;D
lfranchi
KDE Developer

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 pm
Tomaz wrote:why don't the kde-mac team put this packages on mac.kde.org?

Well, Illogic-al *is* the Amarok Mac dude... and, what's more, he has put them on mac.kde.org:

http://mac.kde.org/?id=download

the packages there contain amarok as well as mysqle which is required for amarok2 beta2.

Amarok developer.

lfranchi, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Tomaz
Registered Member

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:27 pm
last time that I was there, the packages where from the old 4.1 beta version, sorry for not checking the updated ones ;D

Rocs developer. (and no, i'm not proud of it) ;D