This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Login screen apparence againg and again

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
niravkankhara
Registered Member
Everything seems to go smoothly until I logged in. After I entered my password, the KDE start up panel appeared and the harddrive icon came into focus. However before any of the icons appeared it kicked me back to the login screen.

After lots of fiddling with it I gave up and thought I'd try Fedora 14 with KDE. That install went well, but again I had the same problem.

please give me answer how to resolve it.

Error Like This : Watling for X server to shut down kded4: Fetal IO error: client killed
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
An error such as that one indicates that X has unexpectedly gone down. This is probably caused by KWin, enabling desktop effects.

What graphics driver does your system use?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
schrdlu
Registered Member
OS
niravkankhara wrote:
Everything seems to go smoothly until I logged in. After I entered my password, the KDE start up panel appeared and the harddrive icon came into focus. However before any of the icons appeared it kicked me back to the login screen.

After lots of fiddling with it I gave up and thought I'd try Fedora 14 with KDE. That install went well, but again I had the same problem.

please give me answer how to resolve it.

Error Like This : Watling for X server to shut down kded4: Fetal IO error: client killed

Ok this may not be much help but under Gentoo, we have just updated several files regarding this hassle. I can confirm that this has cured the problem,with the recurring login prompt.
The list of files included udev-187-r3 udev-init-scripts & xorg-server-1.12.99.904,if you wasnt to look for these to update
Geoff