This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dual Screens wake up mirrored after Power Save

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
twunder
Registered Member
Hi,
I'm a bit unsure whether this is the correct place to ask, however I have no better idea...
I've recently installed a new NVidia GTX1070 GPU on my system (Debian Jessie, Kernel 3.16.0-4, KDE 4.14.2) to gain better performance using FreeCAD etc. on my dual 4k monitors. The NVIDIA driver is from jessie-backports and of version 375.26. After the GPU upgrade many things worked, that didn't work before. There's one problem though:
If the monitors are being blanked/sent to standby due to ten minutes of inactivity (as configured), they won't wake up correctly (side by side) afterwards but show a single mirrored image instead.

Using the System Settings Display and Monitor dialog I can move screens side by side again, however this is really annoying plus I have to sort all my windows after that.

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to solve this problem (e.g. by a static configuration, that can't be overridden by system's decisions).

Thanks in advance!