This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kde freeze when accessing panel

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ejeep
Registered Member

Kde freeze when accessing panel

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Hi,

I use KDE Plasma 5.8.6 on Gentoo Linux and sometimes KDE freezes whenever I click on an item on the panel, be it the application menu or an open application on the task bar. I haven't observed this behavior when clicking on items in the systray.

When it freezes,I can't move the mouse, and afaik no keyboard shortcuts work. (I'm not super familiar with keyboard shortcuts in kde, so I'm not 100% certain about this.)

Other thread appear to continue as normal, such as video, audio, etc, so I think it's just the platform thread(s) that are locking up.

There isn't any discernable pattern to this behavior, and it happens maybe once a day. I'm generally on the computer for most of the day, so it's a relatively rare occurence.

My video drivers are nvidia (proprietary) version 381.22 and xorg is version 1.19.3. I don't know what logs to post or if any other info would be useful, but I'm curious to know if anybody has any further insight.
Thanks!