This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problems with graphical environment

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Yeah, testing is running fine. I remember problems when KDE switched from 4 to Plasma but apart from that it's been a smooth ride the last five years or so. I also used the Nvidia driver for a while but lost all my ttys so I switched back to nouveau which is sufficient for my needs (no great gamer).

P.S.: You do know that by simply changing your /etc/apt/sources.list you can change to testing, right? Also, when using these run files a new kernel means no X11 as you will have to run the run file again before the driver is integrated into the kernel...

Debian testing
ckosloff
Registered Member
OS
toad wrote:Yeah, testing is running fine. I remember problems when KDE switched from 4 to Plasma but apart from that it's been a smooth ride the last five years or so. I also used the Nvidia driver for a while but lost all my ttys so I switched back to nouveau which is sufficient for my needs (no great gamer).

P.S.: You do know that by simply changing your /etc/apt/sources.list you can change to testing, right? Also, when using these run files a new kernel means no X11 as you will have to run the run file again before the driver is integrated into the kernel...

I am aware that I can change testing like that but I am not sure it will give me a smoother ride than by loading a fresh install, by no X11 you mean no nvidia driver, right?
Or no graphics at all?
toad
Global Moderator
OS
By no X11 I mean no graphics at all.

Debian testing
ckosloff
Registered Member
OS
toad wrote:By no X11 I mean no graphics at all.

Too bad, i think I will reformat and start fresh, all my data is saved elsewhere, so no big problem for me, just a lot of time in customizations.