This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

var directory overflow!!??

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
macconoob
Registered Member

var directory overflow!!??

Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:54 am
Hi, KDE. I installed KDE on my Ubuntu computer. So Kubuntu was. I've done this before, but I've had an overflow of the var directory before. It's happening again. When I turn my computer on and off, it quickly passes white text on a black background, and the var directory takes up 32% of my 702GB HDD. I don't think it could be Ubuntu, because there was no problem with Ubuntu. It's like something registers on Var, and then it doesn't seem to be deleted, which is normally supposed to be erased from memory. Do you think this could be because the firewall is blocking system files from being deleted? Please write whatever solution you think might be available. KDE is very stylish, but my dreams always fall apart. As well as this, my computer slows down when the directory is full.
when the var directory is full, the computer does not turn on again and comes to Black Screen Forever

Last edited by macconoob on Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
macconoob
Registered Member

Re: var directory overflow!!??  Topic is solved

Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:43 am
The problem is solved. It wasn't KDE. It's because my computer has HP and Linux installed. When opening or closing my computer, and these errors are constantly logged in the vhhar directory when the computer is running 10 lines per second, and this 10 seconds 100MB alışmuş. And I didn't install the GRUB bootstrapper properly. The problem is almost solved. I changed the /etc/default/grub file from the GRUB settings and said Ignore PCI errors. The overflow is over as he no longer sees them and does not receive a record of errors. But old records take up space. Now I have to erase them safely. This problem is referred to as an Ubuntu BUG. Thank you to this site:
https://itsfoss.com/pcie-bus-error-severity-corrected
I understood the problem there. Thank God that sickening problem has been solved.

HOW CAN I AVOID VAR FILES?