This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

politely asked if we would like to upgrade

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
LanceHaverkamp
Registered Member
We used to get notified that a new release was available, and were politely asked if we would like to upgrade. I haven't seen that in a long time--like years. Did someone decide to stop that? Are we now forced to manually start a release upgrade from the command line?
Is Discover supposed to handle that?
Still using Kubuntu 20.04, waiting to be offered an upgrade.

I know I can manually start an upgrade, that's not what I'm asking. And yes, I have preferred "Normal" releases, not LTS. I'm trying to learn if a KDE release upgrader has gone missing.

Thanks,
Lance
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
This is not a KDE issue, but in your case, as Kubuntu 20.04 is an LTS, there won't be a prompt to upgrade until the next LTS release, unless one changes the settings. Those will be found in the Software Sources tool in Discover's settings.

If you are not seeing upgrade notifications, you need to ask in an Ubuntu specific location, since they are in charge of flipping the switch, so to speak, on upgrades. I know the LTS to LTS upgrade was held back for a bit , but again, you need to ask Ubuntu specific sources.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001