This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Swap Partition Not Activated at Start-Up

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kdrummond
Registered Member
OS
Hello all,

Been noticing a strange issue on one of my machines, the swap partition is not mounting(?) at startup. When I go into 'KSysguard' it shows swap not available. So, I open 'KDE Partition Manager' right-click the swap partition, select activate, and it's immediately mounted in KSysguard.

Any thoughts on where I should be looking to get the swap to activate on boot?

Thanks in advance.

System information
Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 11
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-19-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 2 × Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 3.8 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: GeForce GT 620/PCIe/SSE2
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
Is your swap partition listed in /etc/fstab? I can't tell you the details of how it happens, but the normal start up process includes mounting all partitions and swap areas (partitions or files) listed in that file, unless you add specific parameters that block the default mounting.
kdrummond
Registered Member
OS
ostroffjh wrote:Is your swap partition listed in /etc/fstab? I can't tell you the details of how it happens, but the normal start up process includes mounting all partitions and swap areas (partitions or files) listed in that file, unless you add specific parameters that block the default mounting.

It seemed to be a KDE on Debian issue, I installed Kubuntu and everything was working as expected. So, not a solution but it got things back to normal for me.