This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Use Lexmark x2470 in Kubuntu 8.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
assassin66
Registered Member
OS

use Lexmark X2470?

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:19 am
I am currently running Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 3.5, and the only thing that bothers me is the fact that I cant use my printer! It is a Lexmark X2470 all in one printer, connected by USB. If anyone can tell me how I can get my printer to print at all in Kubuntu, then I would be very grateful!

Cheers

John

assassin66, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
XiniX
Registered Member
OS
assassin66 wrote:I am currently running Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 3.5, and the only thing that bothers me is the fact that I cant use my printer! It is a Lexmark X2470 all in one printer, connected by USB. If anyone can tell me how I can get my printer to print at all in Kubuntu, then I would be very grateful!

Cheers

John

Well, you _did_ hijack a thread, where you should have posted the question in a new thread, but anyway: http://www.openprinting.org/show_printe ... mark-x2470

The printer is qualified as paperweight.... Lexmark and Linux is not a good marriage...

XiniX, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: use Lexmark X2470?

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:22 pm
And this thread is now spilt, effectively de-hijacking the thread.
@assassin66: you will find you will get a quicker response / more responses if you create a new thread.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
assassin66
Registered Member
OS

Use Lexmark x2470 in Kubuntu 8.04

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:33 pm
I currently am running Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 3.5. I am very happy with it, but cannot get my Lexmark x2470 printer to work with it!
Everything else is great, and at the moment I am planning to stick with KDE 3.5, even if I were to try Kubuntu 8.10 at some point.
Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

John

assassin66, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.