This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

no network connection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
anuyahong
Registered Member

no network connection

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:08 pm
Hello!

I just got my new netbook (Samsung NC 10) and I installed Kubuntu 8.10 on it.
Unfortunately, I can't get an internet connction. During installation (live USB stick) I browsed a web page, so actually I think the hardware is alright.
But somehow the OS won't find eth0. Also during boot sequence, there is no green flshing light at the lan adapter, so it seems to be an broken adapter or no internet connection at all. But when I plug in the cable into another PC, I get internet there and the LAN used the work at least once.

Unfortunately I'm neither a hardware nor a Linux crack, so I've absolutely no idea where to start. If anyone could give me any hints, even the slightliest tip would bring me closer to an solution.

Thank you very much in advance, any help is very appreciated!
Frank
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: no network connection

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 am
Unfortunately my skill does not extend to diagnosing network connection issues, and it appears that you have not had any replies over the past three days. I would recommend trying the parent distributions ( Ubuntu ) forums, where there should be some people who will have the information required to help you solve your issue.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]