This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Add remove software

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Cushie
Registered Member
OS

Add remove software

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:50 am
I am not familiar with KDE and have just recently installed Kubuntu 10.10 and have a problem adding or removing software. When I click on the icon 'system settings/software management/installed package list' all I get is an unending 'egg-timer' icon and no list. I would like to remove old kernels from the boot screen and on another system I have used 'Ubuntu Tweaks' to do this in GDM, is this program available under KDE? What is missing from this standard install to get this working? Yesterday the updates were installed ok, any pointers would be appreciated.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Re: Add remove software

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 am
It sounds like kubuntu's packagekit implementation is broken. You will need to talk to them to get it fixed.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Cushie
Registered Member
OS

Re: Add remove software

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:07 am
Thank you, 'the Black Cat' it may have a server/download problem, but the next time I booted up I did get the refresh list download and then the list of installed software did appear.
Installed Ubuntu Tweak OK
Solved.