This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kdesvn-build erorr in extrager-multimedia

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
of_darkness
Registered Member
[ 95%] Building CXX object amarok/src/context/applets/albums/CMakeFiles/amarok_context_applet_albums.dir/AlbumsView.o
Linking CXX shared module ../../../../lib/libamarok_collection-sqlcollection.so
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqld.a(net_serv.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqld.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returnerade avslutningsstatus 1
make[2]: *** [lib/libamarok_collection-sqlcollection.so] Fel 1
make[1]: ***

Googel it but diddent found any answers that maked any sence 2 me..

ubuntu intrepid running kde3.5.10 session using a designated user to build kde in /opt/kde4 i also have the kubuntu hardy ppa kde4 installed and kde3 from a 3party repo.

of_darkness, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Githzerai
Registered Member
OS
Of course you understand that since this is a working copy it simply won't build all the time. ;)

Simple solution is: svn up and a clean build.

Also, when you have so many KDEs, or, to be precise, so many KDE variables on one system, you *must* make sure that all of them are correct, begining with $PATH etc. ;)

Stercus accidit
of_darkness
Registered Member
Githzerai wrote:Of course you understand that since this is a working copy it simply won't build all the time. ;)

Simple solution is: svn up and a clean build.

Also, when you have so many KDEs, or, to be precise, so many KDE variables on one system, you *must* make sure that all of them are correct, begining with $PATH etc. ;)

well ofc. but i hasent bean able 2 get built at any time yeat.. thats why i started 2 ask 4 help about it.

and using ./kdesvn-build --refresh-build so it starts over.

hmm i have the script from techbase 2 set upp a kde4 user profile in bashrc.. so path should not be a problem but hey i dont realy get the path arguments in kde4.. i understand simple path but not when its in an argument:P

deltaecho
Registered Member
OS
I, too, am getting that error when compiling Amarok from trunk. Out of curiosity, what platform are you on? I'm running a 64-bit kernel on an Intel Core2 Duo.

Here is the only information I could find about the -fPIC flag error.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
Thomas Edison
dimsuz
KDE Developer
OS
Guys, you're getting these errors, because at the moment amarok needs patched version of MySql Embedded to compile cleanly.
Instructions on how to install it can be found here: http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/MySQL_Embedded

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
(c) Lewis Carroll
of_darkness
Registered Member
dimsuz wrote:Guys, you're getting these errors, because at the moment amarok needs patched version of MySql Embedded to compile cleanly.
Instructions on how to install it can be found here: http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/MySQL_Embedded

Code: Select all
Summary on how to build MySQL for Amarok 2:
* Download http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-5.1/mysql-5.1.28-rc.tar.gz/from/ht
                tp://mysql.osuosl.org/
* tar -xzvf mysql-5.1.28-rc.tar.gz
* cd mysql-5.1.28
* cp -R [quote]/path/to/amaroksource/supplementary_scripts/mysqle/*
* ./build-mysql.sh --prefix=${HOME}/usr
* then build Amarok like normal

* ./build-mysql.sh --prefix=${HOME}/usr

should i use it if i have kde4 installed in/opt/kde4 ? in ubuntu intrepid

Githzerai
Registered Member
OS
You need to install patched version of mysql-embedded, doesn't matter where your kde4 goes to.

You may install it /usr,or, same as kde4, install it in /opt.

I completely forgot about it, since I'm not using Kubuntu anymore. Even amarok-project neon uses their own mysql package (amarok-nightly-mysql) because of this.

You may check ppa service and possibly find already patched version of mysql package, otherwise you'll have to build it on your own.

Stercus accidit
of_darkness
Registered Member
Githzerai wrote:You need to install patched version of mysql-embedded, doesn't matter where your kde4 goes to.

You may install it /usr,or, same as kde4, install it in /opt.

I completely forgot about it, since I'm not using Kubuntu anymore. Even amarok-project neon uses their own mysql package (amarok-nightly-mysql) because of this.

You may check ppa service and possibly find already patched version of mysql package, otherwise you'll have to build it on your own.

the thing i that kde3 is in /usr and ppa-kde4 is in /usr/lib/kde4 and svn-kde4 is in /opt/kde4 thats why i vant 2 be shoure that i dosent mess anything upp..

deltaecho
Registered Member
OS
dimsuz wrote:Guys, you're getting these errors, because at the moment amarok needs patched version of MySql Embedded to compile cleanly.

Recompiling MySQL now, I'll post an update soon :)

EDIT: Cool beans! Recompiling MySQL using the above instructions worked! I couldn't get MySQL 5.1 to compile correctly and had to use 5.0, but I'm not complaining because I'm now Amarokin' happily along - WOOT !!!

Last edited by deltaecho on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
Thomas Edison