This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

single quote & Double quote

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
niravkankhara
Registered Member

single quote & Double quote

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm
Hello Friends,

I am using fedora 13 kde in that single quote and double quote not working properlly.i use this way it's working but it is temporlly way i want permontlly way. So i use this way give me other best way.
1) system-config-keyboard
Or
2) Setup Enter
Network Configuration Enter
Select U.S. English

This setup follow to setp 1 otherwise step 2 use to working properlly but issue is every time to use this setup system start and close. I want permonnty way to single quote and double quote to just 1 time to the configure it is set to permontlly and system start and close to not change single quote and double quote....

Please give easy and best way so i resolve this issuee.......

Thank you & Ragards,
Nirav kankhara,
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: single quote & Double quote  Topic is solved

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 am
Based upon this I am guessing that you have the wrong keyboard layout.
Please try opening System Settings > Input Devices > Keyboard > Layouts.

You should be able to configure the layouts properly there.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
niravkankhara
Registered Member

Re: single quote & Double quote

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am
Thank you for your reply it's working properlly.. :)
jwells
Registered Member

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:57 am
bcooksley wrote:Based upon this I am guessing that you have the wrong keyboard layout.
Please try opening System Settings > Input Devices > Keyboard > Layouts.
You should be able to configure the layouts properly there.

I can open this tab, but all I find is a place to select predefined 'variants'. I do not see a way to "configure" the layouts.

FYI - only one layout exists - the one which I did not change, and worked fine until yesterday, when the at-sign and double-quotes swapped themselves. The "preview" screen shows the correct layout, but does not correspond to the results of clicking the keys as shown.

I am guessing I should be able to open something like the preview view, right-click on the affected keys, and re-set these, somehow?

Also, for each variant, I do not see an 'edit' button, and right-clicking on the variant does not pop up a menu as expected, so I have to delete the new one (which did not work), as I try each variant in the list, and start over with "add" each time.
luebking

Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:24 am
You cannot edit xkb layouts as user - and it's anything but trivial to write a sane xkb layout (gui doesn't help; it's because of level shifts and inaccessible combinations due to hardware restrictions. You may be able to get to the printed keys)

=> Select the proper layout and variant for your keyboard.
If "@" and """ are swapped, you're either using US or UK layout and wanted to use the other. US has "@" on Shift+2