This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to share local resources via krdc?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
a_flj_
Registered Member
OS
With the RDP client in W7, you have the option to share local folders with the remote machine. Is there such a thing with krdc?

Here's the use case: I need to copy some files from the remote machine locally. I'd rather not copy them via an open host on the internet, and there are also security restrictions at the remote machine. Also, the remote machine is only accessible via VPN, and my local machine is behind a firewall - a common setup, I think, in enterprise environments. With the Windows RDP client, I configure a local directory as a resource to be shared with the remote machine, then, once connected, I just do the copying on the remote machine, from its local path to what it sees as a network share - my local directory configured as a shared resource for the RDP session. I don't have this possibility with krdc. I also can't share stuff from the remote machine (there seems to be some application proxy in between which allows sharing only for preconfigured paths). So I ended up using a local VM to start the Windows native RDP client, which is IMO ugly.
einar
Administrator
OS
I don't know if the underlying RDP stack on Linux supports it, to be honest.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python