This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unreportable bug?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pinnerite
Registered Member

Unreportable bug?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm
I have a persistent bug that doesn't seem to fit any of the options on the bug reporting site!

I am running Mageia 2 for x86_64 with Kernel: 3.4.13-desktop-1.mga2 and KDE version 4.8.4.

Shortly after the system boots up, a dialog box appears saying 'KDE Activity Manager closed
unexpectedly'. Further down the message block it adds 'Segmentation fault (11).

It does not seem to affect ongoing use in any way nor have any other adverse effects.
I cannot pin it to an application. Might it be important in the grand scheme of things?
Aman Shah
Registered Member
OS

Re: Unreportable bug?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:54 am
KDE permits even smallest bugs to be reported as per my experience.However,it may not be mentioned as serious in their bug list.I don't think that there's much problem to report such bugs.You can report it as "normal" bug.

Last edited by Aman Shah on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Unreportable bug?  Topic is solved

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:53 am
"KDE Activity Manager" is a background process used to co-ordinate activities across both the KDE Workspace and applications which utilise/support activities.

Usually it will automatically restart. Please file a bug report for the crash you get through Dr Konqi if the generated backtrace is sufficiently usable.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
pinnerite
Registered Member

Re: Unreportable bug?

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:52 pm
It is now reported. Thank you.