This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin wont show progress bar even when notificaions is off

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ancalagondragon
Registered Member
I want that dolphin shows a progress bar instead of putting it into the notification tray. how can i achieve that ? im using kde neon
Rog131
Registered Member
Earlier: Dolphin not showing native file transfer dialog - viewtopic.php?f=224&t=135264

1)
Disable the task manager button progress bar:

2)
Disable the notification track file transfer:

3)
Restart the plasmashell - log out - log in.

Working at here:...

ancalagondragon
Registered Member
I followed exactly the steps you mentioned but still i have no progress window in dolphin when copying or moving files.

https://imgur.com/a/YsFJTjV
Rog131
Registered Member
ancalagondragon wrote:I followed exactly the steps you mentioned but still i have no progress window in dolphin when copying or moving files.

Quick test

Shut the plasmashell down - Krunner:
Code: Select all
kquitapp5 plasmashell

Note !
All applications will work without the plasma. Krunner, Dolphin, ...
You could start the plasmashell again with the command - Krunner:
Code: Select all
plasmashell

Try to copy something - just drag&drop the file next to the original.

There should be the 'Copying' and the 'File Allready Exists' windows.

If there is not then I would check if the installation is broken. Missing files ?.

If there is I would try with the clean set of the plasma config files: General Troubleshooting - Examine if the problem is local: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38828
ciolansteen
Registered Member
ancalagondragon wrote:I followed exactly the steps you mentioned but still i have no progress window in dolphin when copying or moving files.

https://imgur.com/a/YsFJTjV

Do you happen to use latte-dock? I have the exact same problem. I also disabled transfer info from both task manager and notifications. However, i tried disabling all i could find (regarding file transfer info) from latte dock also but only killing it does the trick. I have no idea what's the problem. I even tried with clean latte-dock configs, same problem.
mrgrimm
Registered Member
OS
Rog131 wrote:Earlier: Dolphin not showing native file transfer dialog - viewtopic.php?f=224&t=135264

1)

2)

3)

i'm not finding the panels in your first 2 images.

KDE Neon 64 Bit On Kernel 5.1, 430 nVidia Driver
Asus 970 Gaming/Aura, AMD FX 6300, 16Gig DDR3,
Samsung 120Gig 850 EVO, AOC 29" Ultra Wide 2560x1080, nVidia 750Ti,
USB 3 Card, Drives 2TB, 1.5TB, 1TB / 750Gig, 500Gig
Rog131
Registered Member
mrgrimm wrote:
i'm not finding the panels in your first 2 images.

KDE UserBase: https://userbase.kde.org/Welcome_to_KDE_UserBase
Userbase.kde.org is the home for KDE users and enthusiasts. It provides information for end users on how to use KDE applications...

Task Manager - https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Tasks
Configuration
To access the Task Manager settings menu, right-click on it and click Task Manager Settings. If you have troubles to click on it and not in one of its tasks, you can first click the panel toolbox, so wherever you click on the Task Manager will work.

System Tray - https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/SystemTray
The System Tray is a widget which is normally found to the right in the standard panel. It typically holds interfaces for the Notifications widget...

To open the application settings, you need a right click. Some icons may be hidden either because the service is not active or because it has been configured to be hidden. You can always bring up a hidden icon by clicking the 'triangle' icon.

Left click the triangle ' Show hidden icons' - Right click the Notifications - Configure Notifications...
Rog131
Registered Member
Dolphin/kio progress window without the plasma desktop

Bug 379887 - KIO does not show (copy-)progress windows without a running kuiserver/JobViewServer - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379887
mrgrimm
Registered Member
OS
o.k. i get the notifications to stop, but it copies / moves without the progress popup. i believe it's because i do not get the general tab when i rightclick to configure notifications. just one page with information and keyboard shortcuts on it.

mrgrimm
Registered Member
OS
Rog131 wrote:Earlier: Dolphin not showing native file transfer dialog - viewtopic.php?f=224&t=135264

1)

2)

3)

think we might have a issue with 5.12.7. i followed the above and i still only get a spinning indicator in the systray that the item is being copied or moved and a popup notification when it's done. any ideas? thanks

mrgrimm
Registered Member
OS
mrgrimm wrote:o.k. i get the notifications to stop, but it copies / moves without the progress popup. i believe it's because i do not get the general tab when i rightclick to configure notifications. just one page with information and keyboard shortcuts on it.

ok boyz and girlz how about actually trying to help peeps resolve this. thanks

that said i have the notifications and task manager configured correctly, but still no copy / move progress window. this is on a fresh install of kde neon. there must be something under the hood of the os blocking it. any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.