This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to stop Spectacle from clearing clipboard on exit?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
codywohlers
Registered Member
OS
In KDE4 I would just make sure klipper was running but now in plasma 5 spectacle will always clear the clipboard when you exit. How do I stop it from doing that?
kaefert
Registered Member
I'm interested in the same thing. How can I prevent the clipboard being cleared upon exiting the application who copied the last value?

I asked about the same thing here, but no reply as of yet.
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/kde-clipboa ... ndow/77504
stormrainbow
Registered Member
codywohlers wrote:In KDE4 I would just make sure klipper was running but now in plasma 5 spectacle will always clear the clipboard when you exit. How do I stop it from doing that?

According to the manual (scroll to the bottom of the page):
The Quit after Save or Copy option will quit Spectacle after any saving or copying operations. Note that a copied screenshot will only be retained if you are running a clipboard manager that accepts images. KDE Klipper can be configured in this manner by right-clicking on its icon, selecting Configure Clipboard..., and unchecking Ignore images.

Click on "Status and Notifications" on the panel, right click Clipboard and select "Configure Clipboard". "Ignore Images" is third from the top. Uncheck it.

I think the doc needs to be updated to replace the program Klipper with the widget Clipboard.
kaefert
Registered Member
I am using this default clipboard manager widget and it registers images text and files.

I can bring back anything that was previously copied up to the configured retention amount, by opening this panel widget's popup and clicking on the line.

What I would like though is for the last item copied to the clipboard to be always available, even if the application that copied it to the clipboard has quit.

At the moment I need to either paste before exiting the source application, or to manually bring back the value into the clipboard using the clipboard panel widget's popup.