This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Black screen sddm after boot up with no mouse pointer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bromano
Registered Member
I had a problem that my kde show total black screen without cursor after bootup and there are no ssdm appear also, but if is try to log in via tty, and try to run startx its stuck on the terminal script instead of showing my kde destop, but there some odd thing when i hit f2 (vol down) its working and it also happen when i hit f* (increase or decrease brightnes of the screen, even if i tried to hit ctrl+alt+del and imagine that there is some option for reboot shutdown suspend and log out, its also working when i hit enter, so the point is, somehow there is a normal kde desktop but completely covered by the tty or terminal or watver it is, could someone help me, because to be honest this is my third time installing kde aftee the same problem. There are always same peoblem after update my system. But im just dying to use kde since i already falling in live with this destro, i just loved it, so hopefully there is someone could tell me how to fix it. Thank you

Note: im using dell inspiron 3000 with UEFI and secureboot off, core i-5, and nvidia 920m GPU with nvidia 390 driver installed.
fogma
Registered Member
bromano wrote:I had a problem that my kde show total black screen without cursor after bootup and there are no ssdm appear also, but if is try to log in via tty, and try to run startx its stuck on the terminal script instead of showing my kde destop, but there some odd thing when i hit f2 (vol down) its working and it also happen when i hit f* (increase or decrease brightnes of the screen, even if i tried to hit ctrl+alt+del and imagine that there is some option for reboot shutdown suspend and log out, its also working when i hit enter, so the point is, somehow there is a normal kde desktop but completely covered by the tty or terminal or watver it is, could someone help me, because to be honest this is my third time installing kde aftee the same problem. There are always same peoblem after update my system. But im just dying to use kde since i already falling in live with this destro, i just loved it, so hopefully there is someone could tell me how to fix it. Thank you

Note: im using dell inspiron 3000 with UEFI and secureboot off, core i-5, and nvidia 920m GPU with nvidia 390 driver installed.

Did you change SDDM theme? Try set it off or use default.