This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KCM and Dialog Issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Iainnitro
Registered Member

KCM and Dialog Issues

Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:17 pm
Greetings:
I just installed Arch Linux (new install) from the 03-2022 iso. Of course, KDE is my DE and works fairly well on my current available computer which is an older HP Z400 Workstation with 16GB RAM and SSD running on a PCIe Sata III controller. This system has a legacy BIOS and ancient NVIDIA NVS-295 graphics card. I tried to install KDE at first with XORG and ended up installing Wayland with no proprietary NVIDIA drivers. This new install has taken over 2 days at about 8 hours spent each day wiping KDE and re-installing. The afore mentioned iteration is the 4th attempt.

Almost everything is working...EXCEPT there are places where graphics should be that are not showing up! For example: in user settings (kcm) there are no avatars just empty circles and in widgets dialog there are no pics for the installed or newly installed widgets but if you click on one, then the outline does show up (kind of like the users KCM situation. I am not sure if other places in the DE are affected? What did I miss? thanks!

Hope someone can help!

Regards,
Michael in Kansas City, MO
Iainnitro
Registered Member

Re: KCM and Dialog Issues  Topic is solved

Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:58 am
UPDATE: Restored my .dotfiles from backup and got the avatars in users kcm back but still no dice on widgets dialog. WIll reboot in a minute and see if it solves that.