This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

bluetooth audio sink problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
devenv
Registered Member
OS

bluetooth audio sink problem

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:07 am
Hey,

I have this plantronics 903 backbeat headphones...
Bluetooth system applet recognizes it and connects, and even shows audio sink as connected... Still grayed out in media configuration and nothing in kmix or in pavucontrol...
Any ideas what can I do to make it work?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: bluetooth audio sink problem

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:12 am
As you use Pulseaudio, you need to make sure that the Pulseaudio automatic Bluetooth connector is loaded. Please post the output of "pactl list | grep -i module-bluetooth-discover".

If you get no output, run "pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover" and then try the above command. If listed, it should work (although you may need to disconnect and reconnect the headset for it to work if you have just loaded it)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
devenv
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:02 am
Nope, it returns output:
Name: module-bluetooth-discover

BTW, windows doesn't want to make it audio sink neither :/
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am
If you run "sdptool browse <mac address>" you should be able to see if your device supports either the A2DP or HSP profiles.

If it does support it, check the Pulseaudio settings as follows: open System Settings > Multimedia > Phonon > Audio Hardware Setup, then change the selected sound card from the drop down to the Bluetooth device. Then change the Profile to either A2DP or HSP.

KDE Sysadmin
devenv
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 am
Hmm...

sdptool browse 00:1C:EF:67:D9:02
Browsing 00:1C:EF:67:D9:02 ...

And that's it O_o

It's plantronics 903 - "Bluetooth A2DP/ AVRCP/ HF/ HSP profiles are all supported"...
Connects perfectly (almost :/) to my phone btw...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 pm
I guess the device is paired successfully? It may be worth checking various system logs to see if Pulseaudio or Bluez note any problems with the bluetooth connection.

KDE Sysadmin
devenv
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:37 pm
Hmmmm...

Jul 15 16:33:55 xps kernel: [ 2675.639723] pulseaudio[1979]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f747028f596 sp 00007fff9af68a88 error 4 in libc-2.11.3.so[7f7470183000+164000]
Jul 15 16:33:55 xps bluetoothd[1719]: Operation not supported (95)
Jul 15 16:33:55 xps bluetoothd[1719]: headset_resume_complete: resume failed
Jul 15 16:33:55 xps pulseaudio[3230]: module-bluetooth-device.c: Received error condition: Input/output error
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:45 am
This seems to be a bug in Pulseaudio unfortunately. I would suggest contacting your distribution, through a bug report on their bug tracker to get this resolved.

KDE Sysadmin
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 am
bcooksley wrote:As you use Pulseaudio, you need to make sure that the Pulseaudio automatic Bluetooth connector is loaded. Please post the output of "pactl list | grep -i module-bluetooth-discover".

If you get no output, run "pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover" and then try the above command. If listed, it should work (although you may need to disconnect and reconnect the headset for it to work if you have just loaded it)

Thanks for this; it fixed my issue. I wonder why it stopped working in the first place though. If the problem recurs, is there any way to automate at startup the loading of the automatic bluetooth connector in pulseaudio?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 am
You could add that command into a executable script in ~/.kde4/env/ which would automatically workaround the issue.
As to why Pulseaudio isn't loading the module itself - no idea unfortunately. You could try wiping ~/.pulse/ outside of KDE (and without pulseaudio running).

KDE Sysadmin