This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Compiz does not function with KDE

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nicolaflute
Registered Member
OS

Compiz does not function with KDE

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:04 pm
Hi to everyone I'm new in this community: I have a question: how can I make Compiz run with Kubuntu 11.04?? My problem is that when I open the widget panel and I want to close it (with Compiz) when I close it The system crash and I have to start a new session.
Now I'm using Kwin but it goes a bit slow and I prefer Compiz. How can I solve mi problem?? Thanks for answers. Sorry for my english but I'm not British
Hans
Administrator
OS
Moved to Workspace.

What do you mean by "widget panel" - the Dashboard?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
nicolaflute
Registered Member
OS

Re: Compiz does not function with KDE

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:59 pm
The panel that you open when you want to add to desktop for example a "clock" or a "black board"
The black board is a name of an object
costis
Registered Member
I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

I tried various combinations (compiz --replace ccp --sm-disable &), emerald, kde4-window-decorator etc... I even updated NVIDIA drivers,
but working with compiz always makes my X freeze when I am trying to add a Widget or Edit/Switch an Activity.

I work on Ubuntu 11.04 (and I had the same problem also with kubuntu 11.10)