This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New actions for KDE Klipper

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nafcool
Registered Member
OS

New actions for KDE Klipper

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:00 am
Hey.
I'm a Google Code-in 2011 participant. What new actions should be implemented in klipper to make it more handy. Please reply as soon as possible.
biffster
Registered Member
OS

Re: New actions for KDE Klipper

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:40 pm
I would love love LOVE an option to make an entry in Klipper sticky, so it can never be automatically deleted/written over. A similar option exists in Glipper, and in Windows programs ClipX and Clipboard+.

Use case: I have an email signature that has to be typed into a webmail service. The webmail service does not have a function to save signatures. I can paste the signature in if I can copy it from my clipboard. Having this line as a sticky/static entry would allow an easy two-click way to put in that signature.

- biffster
google01103
Manager

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm
biffster wrote:I would love love LOVE an option to make an entry in Klipper sticky, so it can never be automatically deleted/written over. A similar option exists in Glipper, and in Windows programs ClipX and Clipboard+.

Use case: I have an email signature that has to be typed into a webmail service. The webmail service does not have a function to save signatures. I can paste the signature in if I can copy it from my clipboard. Having this line as a sticky/static entry would allow an easy two-click way to put in that signature.

- biffster

have you looked at the past plasmoid? it stores text snippets and works likee you describe (or so it seems to me)

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

biffster
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:24 pm
Yeah, it does provide this functionality, but I want one tool that can do both jobs. I like Klipper 'cuz it hides itself away in the system tray 'til I need it.
Popup
Registered Member

Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 am
nafcool wrote:Hey.
I'm a Google Code-in 2011 participant. What new actions should be implemented in klipper to make it more handy. Please reply as soon as possible.

I still use the KDE3 klipper as I haven't found the KDE4 klipper feature-complete yet.

For example, there's no keyboard hotkey option to 'show klipper popup', as in KDE3.
google01103
Manager

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:13 pm
How about built in search for those with very large history sizes

Once, iirc, there was a request for multiple clipboards though I don't recall the rational, maybe the purpose was for different projects/desktops/activities. Maybe there could be a separate copy for each board when right clicking or once in the default clipboard you would drag the item from the std board to the custom one.

If there were multiple boards or permanent entries the ability to label or color might be useful

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x