This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

trouble with folder view

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Gingalone
Registered Member
OS

trouble with folder view

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 pm
I am pretty new to KDE, I like it and, together with enjoying, starting to find something strange: when I try to open a folder inside a folder view window, KDE tries to open it with movie player (if there is a movie of any kind in that folder, that movie actually starts, otherwise an error message appears from movie player.
Thanks for any help!
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: trouble with folder view  Topic is solved

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 pm
Hi and welcome to KDE!

What's your settings in System Settings -> Default Applications -> File Manager and System Settings -> File Associations -> inode -> directory?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Gingalone
Registered Member
OS

Re: trouble with folder view

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:39 pm
Thanks Hans,
OK, problem solved; I am not familiar with KDE settings yet...
Sorry for the trivial question!
Only, I am asking myself where that open folders with Movie player setting came from....
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: trouble with folder view

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 pm
No problem, and thanks for marking it has solved. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further issues.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts