This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] KDE4 knotes widget not working for me

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arch0njw
Registered Member
I am running Kubuntu 8.04.1 using KDE 4.1.2. I have this problem on a 64 bit and 32 bit machine.

When I right-click on the desktop, choose "Add widgets", scroll down to "Notes" and drag it onto the desktop, I get an "unknown widget". (That's what it calls it when I delete it.)

Is there someone else who has seen this who could help? Also, is there a configuration file is could look at to see if some setting is wrong?

Last edited by arch0njw on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
That sounds more like an incompatible plasmoid file. Does that only happen with the notes plasmoid? Also, make sure you have kdeplasma-addons installed, not extragear-plasma.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
arch0njw
Registered Member
neverendingo -- it was the packages. I installed kdeplasma-addons and magically the notes plasmoid works.

Yes, it was only the notes plasmoid that was doing this.

THANK YOU! I didn't use knotes for a long time, but recently really started liking it. Not having that under KDE4 was like missing a limb.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
Ok, nice to hear.
Can you please mark this thread as solved? (Edit initial post and add a [SOLVED] to the title). Thanks.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.