This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

restoring KDE4 (plasma) config and amarok ratings

Tags: amarok, plasma amarok, plasma amarok, plasma
(comma "," separated)
WardLoockx
Registered Member
Hello,

After I upgraded to kubuntu 8.10 I ran into some problems (upgrade was interrupted and needed to resume dist upgrade).

Now I rebooted and saw that my panels and shortcuts and plasmoids were removed and replaced by (think default) desktop of the release... Is it possible to restore my desktop config?

Another thing is the amarok ratings in 1.4, they are gone. I backuped my mysql backend and amarokrc few times but am I able to restore ratings?? Maybe the ratings are still there but renamed or so, to replace by default config (maybe in desktop config to?) ?

Thanks!
Ward

WardLoockx, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Were you using KDE 3 or KDE 4 before upgrading to Kubuntu 8.10? If it was KDE 3, then your configuration cannot be restored. If you were using KDE 4, then without plasma running restore your ~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc & ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc files. Note that if the version of KDE being used before the upgrade was KDE 4.0 then restoring your configuration is not recommended.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
WardLoockx
Registered Member
bcooksley wrote:Were you using KDE 3 or KDE 4 before upgrading to Kubuntu 8.10? If it was KDE 3, then your configuration cannot be restored. If you were using KDE 4, then without plasma running restore your ~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc & ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc files. Note that if the version of KDE being used before the upgrade was KDE 4.0 then restoring your configuration is not recommended.

I was using KDE4.1 before so I'll try this later when I'm home... and amarok is that also possible?

WardLoockx, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Which version of amarok? 1.x series or 2.0 beta? If you are using the same version, then you should just restore the contents of ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/ which is your collection, and ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc.

Whatever version you run, do not run amarok 2.x if you are using amarok 1.x or vice versa without removing these files first. They are incompatible with each other.

Last edited by bcooksley on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]