This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] systemsettings don't have search panel

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
apache
Registered Member
OS
I use old plasma 5.8.9 on Kubuntu 16.04. In system settings I don't have this panel that has overview, configure, help, quit, search options.
https://userbase.kde.org/images.userbas ... sma5_4.png

Is there a way to get it back? I don't want to loose all other setting so deleting all configuration files with systemsettings is not an option.

Last edited by apache on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
What happens when you hit ctrl+f? (and start typing) (should initiate searching).

You might try it out with a new user. If it works fine with a new user you can compare the configs and see what's different.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
apache
Registered Member
OS
airdrik wrote:What happens when you hit ctrl+f? (and start typing) (should initiate searching).

Nothing.

airdrik wrote:You might try it out with a new user. If it works fine with a new user you can compare the configs and see what's different.

That's a good idea but I don't know what is the specific name of the configuration file for this.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I'm not sure either, but perhaps something like systemsettingsuirc (somewhere under .config)?
At the very least you can browse through the two ~/.config directories and compare.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
apache
Registered Member
OS
Ok. Problem solved. I deleted file systemsettingsrc in /home/user/.config/ and relogged.