This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma not starting in Fedora 28

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
diegop
Registered Member

Plasma not starting in Fedora 28

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:34 am
I installed plasma with fedora 28 about a week ago in a quite messy installation (l was trying to double boot with windows 10 and accidentally ended up deleting some booting archives from windows).
Booting and shutting down was always pretty slow (it took a few minutes) and it showed some errors, but everything worked fine until some days ago when the computer freezed while shutting down (maybe due to some updates i made, but i'm not sure) and i forced it to shut down with the power button.
After that the computer hasn't turned on properly, it has shown some errors and freezed and now it just gets to the login menu and when i select my user the mouse cursor turns into the KDE cursor and the screen just gets black except for it. The mouse moves but after a while it will just freeze. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+F12 disappears the mouse pointer and makes a sort of undeline cursor (as if it was going to write something) but it doesn't do anything but blink and I can't write anything.
I really don't know what to do, I still have the live USB and I would have no problem in reinstalling fedora if you pint me to somewhere where they explain me how to do it (remember that the last time i lost my windows). Any help is welcome, i want to be able to use my computer again, thank you.

PS: Images of the errors https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cJtUl ... hs8LNINRDh
Specs: Acer aspire ES 15, intel i5, UEFI, fedora 28, Plasma, grub2, windows 10 originally.