This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to remove multiple widgets?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sbrandon
Registered Member

How to remove multiple widgets?

Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:51 pm
Hello,

I searched but found no issue similar to mine. I woke up this morning to find that my cat had been tapdancing on my keyboard last night. I now have a quite large number of Activities widgets on my taskbar. I've been right-clicking and removing them for about 5 minutes now and it is extremely tedious. Is there some way to remove them in one fell swoop?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to remove multiple widgets?

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:03 pm
Possibly a little quicker is to open the panel settings using the dots on the far-right side of the panel. With that open, you hover over the widget to remove and hit the X in the handle bar for the widget.

For a more experimental bulk clean option, you can log out of plasma, then open ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc and try cleaning them up in there. You'll want to keep a back-up just in case something goes wrong and you need to revert to a known "good" state.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
alexiscaffa
Registered Member

Re: How to remove multiple widgets?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm
airdrik wrote:For a more experimental bulk clean option, you can log out of plasma, then open ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc and try cleaning them up in there. You'll want to keep a back-up just in case something goes wrong and you need to revert to a known "good" state.

Really thanks!!