This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma Screen Locker can't unmount ntfs drive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bkiers
Registered Member
So I am running into an issue where the plasma screen locker is failing to perform its normal behavior. Here are the circumstances:

1. I have a ntfs drive mounted on my system
    2. this ntfs drive is constantly being read from by my music player (Cantata, my music is stored on the ntfs drive)

Now, when the screen locker fires, it fails to actually unmount the ntfs drive as it is considered "busy". This results in that black screen that asks me to enter tty to unlock. So here is my question:

Is there a way to force the drive unmount during a screen lock? If not, is there a way to exclude a drive from being unmounted during screen lock? I am also open to some information on how I can trigger Cantata to be killed before a screen lock (is there some way of adding events in this regard?).
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Which exact Plasma version is this about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...