This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Grouping in the task bar (kde4.2 beta 1) problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Zayed
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I have download the Opensuse build for KDE 4.2 beta 1. The grouping and multiple row layout in the task bar does not work to me. I open 20 windows but task bar insists to work like kde 4.1.x. Do I miss something ? or It's just silly bug in the OpenSuse build ?

JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
I would check the taskbar settings to make sure nothing wonky is going on there, but it works fine for me with the Neon builds.

JontheEchinda, proud to be a member of the Kubuntu team since July 2008.
google01103
Manager
For me multiple row layout works but it looks horrid, seems to be because the panel is unable to be resized properly - the panel will resize but everything contained in it does not have their sizes adjusted accordingly. If not corrected in next update I'm planning on blowing out the existing plasma config files and starting from scratch as occaisionaly this and deleting the temp KDE4 dirs has resolved some issues.

also running openSuse 11.0 x64

Last edited by google01103 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Zayed
Registered Member
OS
Yesterday, I check it again. Well the grouping works but in weird :-S way :) . You need to open three different applications to activate the grouping.
Bug number 1:
Grouping is not work with one application.
How to reproduce it:
1- Close all you application.
2- Open 20 windows of Dolphin
Result: the 20 windows will not group in one entry.

Bug number 2:
Windows thumbnail does not work.
Does it need the composition be work ?

Bug number 3:
The way to add a new entry is weird !. In the LTR language the entry will be added from the left :-S if you have to many entries in the taskbar.

Can you confirm these bugs ?

sayakb
Administrator
OS
Bug 1:
Confirmed. Though on opening dolphin + something else, the windows are grouped.

Bug 2:
Yes. You need tp have desktop effects enabled.
System Settings -> Desktop -> All Effects -> Taskbar thumbnails

Bug 3:
It sorts them alphabetically. Right click on the task manager widget and select settings to change the sorting technique/disable sorting.

Last edited by sayakb on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.