This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Stop "No Devices Available" Popup

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-stevek
Registered Member

Stop "No Devices Available" Popup

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:48 pm
Every time I popup an iconified gnome terminal window from my control panel I get an extra empty popup titled "No Devices Available". This doesn't really help me and the only way I've discovered to get rid of it seems to be to click on the extra popup and then somewhere else. I have lived with this for some time annoying though it is. I have recently been trying to understand what causes this and how to prevent it happening.

I can change the behaviour in the Device Notifier Settings. In this changing from "Removable devices only" to "Non-removable devices only" changes the title and content of the popup. The only other option in here is "All devices". Nothing to stop these. It isn't clear to me whether I can, or should, remove the Device Notifier from the panel.

Why does this popup appear when I am de-iconifying a terminal? Is there some way to stop this popup appearing at all please?

Some system information that may help:

Scientific Linux 7.4

$ plasma-desktop --version
Qt: 4.8.5
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.8
Plasma Desktop Shell: 4.11.19

I appreciate my versions may be rather old!

Thanks in advance

Steve
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Stop "No Devices Available" Popup

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:46 pm
kde-stevek wrote:...
Scientific Linux 7.4

$ plasma-desktop --version
Qt: 4.8.5
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.8
Plasma Desktop Shell: 4.11.19

I appreciate my versions may be rather old!

That is a euphemism... moving post to the Plasma 4 sub-forum

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...