This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pager on desktop does not restore correctly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mindfall
Registered Member
OS
I like to have a pager plasmoid in the top right corner of my desktop. Since KDE 4.2 it is always scrabled in some way after loggin in. Using the Oxygen Plasma theme it's downsized into tinyness, using other themes it looks messed up and has to be deleted and added again.
Is there some way I can get it to behave?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This sounds like a bug in the way it handles being in a desktop containment. However, it could be corrupted / damaged SVG caches. Try removing all files beginning with plasma-svgelements in $KDEHOME/cache-${'hostname'}/ then logging out and in again.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
mindfall
Registered Member
OS
Unfortunately that didn't make a difference.

Last edited by mindfall on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Are you able to reproduce under a completely clean, new user?

KDE Sysadmin
mindfall
Registered Member
OS
Yes, I added a new user for (other) testing purposes and it showed the same behaviour.
Actually it already did this since KDE 4.0, but only when using the Silicon theme. Now it does it with every theme I tried.
I was hoping there is a workaround, like forcing it to reinitialize after login via a dbus command.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I do not believe Plasma currently has a particularly good D-Bus interface at this time. Since this is clearly reproducible, please search for, and if one doesn't exist, file a bug on bugs.kde.org.

Could you please post links back here to bugs you find / file as well please so future searchers can track the issue? Thanks in advance.

KDE Sysadmin
mindfall
Registered Member
OS
ok, will do. Bugtracker's database seems to be down currently... Seems like everyone held back their bugreports for the 4.2 release :-P
mindfall
Registered Member
OS