This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Oxygen panel changes colour from black to blue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ahmad Samir
Registered Member
OS
Art will always be a subjective issue, what you see as ugly may be just beautiful in the eyes of some one else :) so it's always in the eyes of the beholder.

Deleting the opaque folder makes the panel black again. Also many other plasma themes can be installed, you get to choose whichever suits your taste ;)
Chrysalis
Registered Member
OS
medo3891 wrote:Art will always be a subjective issue, what you see as ugly may be just beautiful in the eyes of some one else :) so it's always in the eyes of the beholder.

Thats why people invest in R&D when trying to push a prduct to the masses. Defaults should be professional, usable and deployable first, what looks overly 'beatiful' today in a certain environement looks out of place, outdated and ugly tomorrow.

i mean, would you buy a bright blue refrigerator? I wouldnt, but you can do a custom order if you want one. It most likely will come with black/white/gray plastic framing, handles etc. Also, i am pretty sure the kitchen you put it in wont have your walls, flooring, coutertop, etc all blue too unless you dont plan to live in it.
Likhin M
Registered Member
OS
I also had similar issues several times. I think that it is bug with kde4.Anyway by trial and error, I found out a simple method to correct the issue.No need to edit any configuration file!. For the sake of all kde4 users, I am possting it here.

The procedure can be described as below.

Suppose your current plasma theme is oxygen, but your pannel color is blue. Then do the following

1) Restart your PC.

2) Right click on the desktop(anywhere) it will show a menu. From that, choose 'Appearance settings'.A dialogue box will appear.

3) Go to Desktop Theme > Theme option. Where you can see various plasma themes.
( your's should be Oxygen).

4)Just change your theme to any other one, and press apply button.Wait till
the theme changes to new one.

5)After that revert back to to your old 'Oxygen' Theme and press apply.
Now your pannel color will be black(Hopefully!)

These procedure works for me.Not sure about other systems.I am using Mandriva
2009 spring with kde4.2. good Luck!