This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Quicklaunch plasmoid - force show icons in 2 rows

Tags: quick launch, plasmoid quick launch, plasmoid quick launch, plasmoid
(comma "," separated)
Murz
Registered Member
How I can force show icons on two rows or adjust an icon size for Quicklaunch plasmoid on KDE 4.2.2?
I have too small height of panel for show the second row with the standart size of icons. I want to decrease icon size to the 12x12 px and see more small icons on two rows. I have using Kubuntu 9.04.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I have controls for "Icon Size", "Dialogue Icon Size" and "Visible icons in my Trunk installation. The Icon Size is not able to go smaller than 16px, which is the smallest size KDE provides I believe.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
karatedog
Registered Member
OS
Hoho!
That helped me much, thank you! I was frantically trying to resize the icons on a simple panel (dropped there from Kicker)
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
karatedog wrote:If you add an application icon from the Kicker to the Panel, there is no way to resize those icons, they will always fill the height of the panel, so you can resize them only by resizing the panel.

Which version? In 4.3 all you need to do is to right-click on the launcher, choose settings and decide how many icons you want visible at the same time and their size.

If you mean icons straight in the panel (without using the quicklauncher widget) such as those that usually are there by default then yes, you do need to resize the panel to resize the icons.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Murz
Registered Member
In 4.3 this feature is added, I can tune size of icons.