This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Desktop Icons/Folders Auto Arrange & Sort

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cyrex
Registered Member
OS
Just like Windows and since KDE 4.1.x it's still in development i wanted to post an idea about Auto arranging icons and folders in a specific place. For example could there be a way to auto arrange by name/date/type/place in the desktop or inside a foldeview/favorite programs space.

CYREX, Super proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct. And to the older forum since 2005
cyrex
Registered Member
OS
How come it says am a proud member of KDE since 2008 October, i have been using KDE since 5 years ago.

Edit: Whoops nevermind, did not see the "Forum" word lol :-D

Last edited by cyrex on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

CYREX, Super proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct. And to the older forum since 2005
aseigo
KDE Developer
this is already done for 4.2

aseigo, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
cyrex
Registered Member
OS
@Aseigo - I love you man.. KDE Kicks Kans!!

kolla
Registered Member
aseigo wrote:this is already done for 4.2

How will it work?

Back in the days of DirectoryOpus-5 ten+ years ago or so, I could draw out areas on the desktop that I would use for certain types of icons. This way I could draw out an area for disk/volume/device icons, another for app-icons (AmigaOS equivalent for plasmoids, more or less), yet another for folders, for images, or whatever. I always wanted this in KDE3 as well, but quickly got the impression that leaving icons on the desktop at all was Not The Correct Way [tm].

-- kolla